How To Service Your Stove
Get Your Stove Ready For Autumn and Winter.
If you have a stove, now is the time to make sure it is ready for the colder months.
Here is a checklist of things to do:
1. When did you last have the chimney swept? It should be done at least once a year. There is a list of local chimney sweeps on our links page. They are all very helpful and will advise you on the state of your stove.
2. Check the baffle or throat plate protecting the top of the stove. If it has any holes in it, it should be replaced. Remember to clean behind the baffle or throat plate every 4 to 6 weeks to help ensure a clear air flow.
3. Check the bricks protecting the side of the stove. They may have cracked, which is fine but if they start to crumble and expose the side of the stove, they need replacing.
4. Check if the rope around the door and/or glass need replacing. If it has worn down too far, your ability to control the air flow will diminish and the stove will burn too hard.
5. You may want to give your stove a ‘makeover’ by repainting it with stove paint, it will come up like new!
If you need any advice or would like to order any parts for your stove, give us a call on 01968 660219